This service provides the BCIT community with consultation and support for acquiring software and IT equipment.
For computer hardware, this service includes:
- Providing consultation and support for the acquisition of standard and non-standard computer hardware (computers, network devices, servers, and storage)
- Coordination of delivery and installation of IT equipment
- Disposal of end-of-life equipment
For software, this service includes:
- Facilitating campus software agreements such as the Microsoft Campus Agreement, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Citrix Sharefile
- Assisting in the negotiation of software licensing
- Managing licenses for various enterprise software (e.g. Banner, Oracle)
- Evaluating and assisting with the procurement of cloud-based services
Make a request
Employees, contractors, and affiliates
Business Core Hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday
Contact the IT Service Desk.
Need help acquiring software? Submit a request for software licensing assistance to discuss your needs with an IT Analyst.
Do you have a unique computing requirement? IT Services will work with Corporate Services to assist with the procurement of suitable technology. Funding of devices purchased outside of the BCIT PC Fleet program is the responsibility of individual departments. Contact Corporate Services to initiate the procurement process.
Manufacturer lead times for new computer purchases varies from 6 to 20 weeks, depending on supply chain constraints.
Costs for all hardware and software is paid for by the acquiring department unless covered under a centrally-funded program.