Distribution lists are a convenient way of sending a single email to multiple people and can be created upon request by IT Services. These lists are available for everyone to use in the Global Address Book. Distribution lists use a single email address to forward messages to a group of @bcit.ca email addresses. Please note, external contacts cannot be members of BCIT distribution lists and must be managed in a personal contact list.
- IT Services can add/remove members (recipients) of the distribution group.
- Distribution list memberships can be automated using pre-existing active directory groups or other existing distribution groups.
- Distribution lists can be visible in (default) or hidden from the global address book.
Make a request
- Report an issue
Need assistance with an email distribution group?
- Request to change an existing distribution list
Change the membership of an existing distribution list (requires approval).
- Request to add a new distribution list
Add a new distribution list (requires approval).
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled maintenance windows.
Contact the IT Service Desk.
Ready to start using email distribution groups? When sending an email, type the name of an existing distribution group in the To: box, or search for it in the global address book.
Outlook is available to all current BCIT employees. To access Outlook visit webmail.bcit.ca or open the Outlook application on a BCIT issued computer.
There are no additional costs associated with this service.
Acceptable Use and Information Security policies apply to all BCIT information and computing.