IT Services team members create an outstanding technology environment for learners, faculty and staff at BCIT.
IT Services teams include Enterprise Technology, Service Management, Enterprise Planning, and Cyber Security Office.
The IT Services organization chart [PDF] illustrates how each of the following teams fits into the overall structure of IT Services.
- The Enterprise Technology team designs, builds and operates BCIT systems and technology. The team:
- Drives technology strategy and innovation for the Institute
- Designs, develops and implements user-focused software
- Designs and operates our network and infrastructure
- Puts industry leading technology into our new buildings
- The Service Management team is a critical advocate for our clients in the BCIT community. The team:
- Acts as the first point of contact for providing access to new services and troubleshooting existing products and services
- Ensures the user perspective is at the forefront of our delivery of services and products
- Ensures we deliver a positive overall experience for everyone using BCIT IT products and services, both remotely and on-site
- The Enterprise Planning team helps ensure IT “does the right things” and “does things right”. The team:
- Seeks to understand and address the emerging challenges and opportunities faced by our students, staff and faculty
- Designs optimal system and process experiences
- Prioritizes, plans, measures and manages the Institute’s transformation efforts
- Provides central oversight and management of our IT investments and policies
Cyber security office
- The Cyber Security team influences, supports and challenges our security practices. The team:
- Has authority over all aspects of cyber security, including cyber threat and risk management
- Develops and delivers institutional awareness programs
- Develops and applies security policies and standards
- Directs and supports an enterprise security strategy that aligns to the requirements of the Institute