The Service Desk is your first point of contact for BCIT IT related questions or problems. We will guide and assist you to resolve your BCIT computing needs.
How to contact us
We are primarily providing support via phone, chat, email and Zoom.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 604-412-7444 (option 1) or toll-free (Canada and US only) at 800-351-5533 (option 1)
- Chat: Start a chat session
- Self-help information: Search the Knowledge Base
- Submit a request by web form: Log in to the Self Service Portal
Information to have ready
- Your full name and your BCIT ID (e.g. A01234567).
- Be prepared to describe the problem clearly. What are you trying to accomplish? What exactly is happening (or not happening)? If your computer is displaying an error message, record the exact text of the message.
- If possible, be at the location of the affected computer when you contact us.
- If you are using a BCIT issued computer, the BCIT asset number (look for the BCIT sticker with a barcode).
|September to May (first two weeks of May) (except Christmas break)|
|Day of week||Hours|
|Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.|
|Saturday||8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (phone and web service only)
2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (instructor hotline only)
|Sunday||8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (phone and web service only)|
|May (last two weeks of May) to end of June|
|Day of week||Hours|
|Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.|
|Summer (July, August) and Christmas break|
|Monday to Friday||8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Closed on statutory holidays (view calendar)
On-campus visits are for hardware exchanges only at this time. You must make an appointment with us before you visit in person. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 604-412-7444 (option 1) to arrange a suitable time:
Burnaby campus: SE12–205 (Between the Library and Tim Horton’s – view on map)
Complete the self-assessment tool before coming to campus
If you have made an appointment through the BCIT IT Service Desk and are coming to campus, you must complete the Province of BC’s self-assessment tool before you arrive.
Reminder: You must share the results of the self-assessment with your manager, in written or verbal format, before you can enter the workplace.
Masks are required at BCIT in all workplaces and areas where physical distancing cannot be maintained.