EduCloud Server is a self-managed, private higher education cloud server service that provides simple and secure virtual data centre access to provision, manage and utilize servers at a fraction of the cost of implementing physical servers. EduCloud Server provides the same convenience and cost-effectiveness as other public cloud services while meeting all provincial privacy requirements under the FIPPA legislation. This service is operated and supported by the University of British Columbia (UBC).
- Supports self-management of virtual machines
- IT Services can create and delete virtual machines and dynamically change resource allocation
- The flexibility of managing your own environment at any time, from anywhere using a web portal
- 24×7 student access to complete lab assignments
- Supports Linux and Windows Server environments
Make a request
- Report an issue
- Report an issue with the EduCloud service.
- Request an EduCloud virtual lab (instructors only)
- Want to discuss leveraging virtual lab technology?
Students, schools, and academic employees
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled UBC maintenance windows.
Hosted and supported by UBC. Contact UBC Incident Support.
To access Educloud:
- Click on the Educloud tile in AppsAnywhere or go directly to bcnet.educloud.ubc.ca/tenant/bcit-labs/.
- If prompted, login with your usual BCIT credentials.
There are some additional costs associated with this hosted service. Costs will vary and depend on the amount of consumed resources. For pricing see EduCloud Server Service Pricing.
Acceptable Use and Information Security policies apply to all BCIT information and computing.