Cognos is the enterprise reporting tool used at BCIT to generate and deliver reports based on information from Banner.
- Leverage institute data to make insightful business decisions
- Role-based access to reporting
- Departments can create their own reports or request assistance with report creation
Make a request
- Report an issue
Report an issue using Cognos.
- Request access to Cognos
Need a Cognos account? Submit a request for access.
- Request access to Cognos data
Need to access a new data set?
- Request report creation
Need assistance creating a new report?
- Request training on Cognos advanced topics
Ready to tackle more complex reports? Request training.
Schools, departments and employees
24 hours a day / 7 days a week / 365 days a year
Assistance with Cognos reporting is available during our business core hours: 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday to Friday.
This service may be unavailable during select scheduled maintenance windows.
Contact the IT Service Desk.
New to Cognos? If you do not have an account you will need to request access. Once you have an account, the power-users in your department can be leveraged for training.
- In a web browser go to reports.bcit.ca (offsite access will require Remote Access: myVPN).
- Log in using your usual credentials.
There are no additional costs associated with this service.
Acceptable Use and Information Security policies apply to all BCIT information and computing.