Computer labs are available for use by all BCIT staff and students. IT Services supports computer labs on five campuses. There are three types of computer labs at BCIT – general access, priority access, and restricted access.
General Access labs are fully supported by IT Services and may be booked through the Timetabling Office.
- If no class is scheduled in the room, individual students can use lab computers on a first-come-first-serve basis
- If there is a scheduled class, the instructor may allow the quiet use of an unused computer (Use of an unused computer during a scheduled class is always at the discretion of the instructor)
- The Burnaby campus has at least one computer lab open during extended hours until 1 am
Priority labs are jointly operated by IT Services and a school or department, or solely by a school or department.
- When the lab is not in use by the priority department, the lab may be booked through the Timetabling Office
- Priority access labs may require a card swipe or access code number for entry which is coordinated by the school or department
Restricted labs are jointly operated by IT Services and a school or department, or solely by a school or department.
- The department may make a restricted lab available for other programs in some circumstances – bookings are made through the department
- Restricted access labs may require a card swipe or access code number for entry which is coordinated by the school or department
For computer lab locations and hours of operations read About Computer Lab Student Access.
Make a request
- Report an issue
Need assistance with a lab computer?
- Request software for academic delivery
Have an application you would like to use for academic delivery?
- Request accessible workstation
Request to reposition computer lab equipment for an accessibility installation. (for Accessibility Services use only)
- Request computer lab refresh
Request to refresh the software image in a computer lab. (for IT Services use only)
To use a computer within a BCIT computer lab, you must be a current student or employee.
Teaching in a computer lab? Computer labs provide the ideal environment for hands-on learning using the latest technology. To request software to use in your course delivery in a lab or remotely, visit the AppsAnywhere page for more information.
There are no additional costs associated with this service.