Expertise and support
Given our considerable experience in the design of technologies and solutions for smart microgrid applications, and using the collection of resources, expertise and technologies developed as a result of decades of publicly funded research and development, BCIT is able to offer custom design and consulting services nationally and internationally in the following fields:
For Energy Providers and Utilities:
- Operational Efficiency–including Volt/VAR optimization, conservation voltage reduction, substation automation, load balancing and demand response
- Distributed Energy Resources (DER)–including integration and control of intermittent sources of energy, such as wind, solar, etc.
- Quality of Service Improvement–including Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI); loss, theft and tampering detection and control, and customer portals
For Energy Consumers and Communities:
- Energy Management–including load management, cost reductions, etc.
- Energy Reliability and Security–including redundancy and smart distribution
- Rural Electrification–including turn-key system design for electrification of off-grid and rural communities, campuses, forward operating army bases, etc.