Federal Research Funding Calendar
Canada’s federal research funding agencies:
- Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC)
- Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR)
- Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI)
- Canada Research Chairs (CRC)
have created an Integrated calendar of agency and interagency funding opportunities which lists the principal funding opportunities offered by the agencies, including agency-specific funding programs and those that are jointly administered. The calendar includes links to the related program web pages for more information on each opportunity. The Search tool and filters can be used to quickly return results of specific interest, such as agency-specific or interagency programs with upcoming deadlines.
BCIT Internal Funding Deadlines
- Applications for funding and Letters or Notices of Intent must be submitted to ARLO two weeks before the funding agency deadline.
- BCIT has a limited allocation of funds for Canada Research Chairs (CRC) and the Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI) infrastructure funding – potential applicants should contact ARLO one year before the funding deadlines.
- BCIT also has a limited allocation of NSERC Undergraduate Student Research Awards (USRA) awards. Interested students or faculty should contact ARLO before March each year.
- Every application for external funding must be accompanied by a signed BCIT Research Funding Application Approval Form [XLSX].