August 31, 2022
It is truly the end of an era here at Applied Research. As you all know Hassan has been a...
August 15, 2022
Countries worldwide are struggling to keep up with the global shift to electric vehicle (EV) adoption. Communities face barriers, ranging...
July 19, 2022
The World Federation of Colleges and Polytechnics (WFCP) honoured BCIT Indigenous Initiatives and Partnerships and BCIT Applied Research with two...
May 4, 2022
BCIT Smart Microgrid Research Team (SMART) received the Electricity Human Resources Canada Award for Innovation in Human Resources Practices. The...
More SMART News
Burnaby City Hall now has 100 EV charging stations powered by solar panels (Daily Hive July 13, 2022)
- New EV Fast Charger in Cache Creek Connects EV Drivers to Northern BC (July 23, 2019)
- Government of Canada Supports Electric and Alternative Fuel Vehicle Infrastructure in BC (February 23, 2018)
- OASIS Project Announcement (September 14, 2016)
- NSMGNet: NSERC Smart MicroGrid Strategic Network
- New book captures 10 years of Smart Microgrid research (CRC Press, October 15, 2016)
Publications and Presentations
- Smart Microgrid Technology: Energy Innovation for a Complex World [PDF]
- Farhangi H., Palizban, A., Howey, C., Dabell, J., Shariat-Zadeh, M., Hawthorne, E., Carmichael, K., So, J..
Smart Microgrids: Lessons from Campus Microgrid Design and Implementation. 2016. Farhangi, H. (Ed.) CRC Press.
- BCIT’s Smart Microgrid is Shaping the Future of Energy [PDF]
- Intelligent Microgrid – A Unique Opportunity for BCIT [PDF]
- BCIT Intelligent Micro Grid Overview V2 [PDF]