School Research Committees bring together faculty and staff from different disciplines and departments to identify common and emerging areas of research expertise and interest. These committees cultivate interdisciplinary research themes where faculty and students from across the institute work together on research programs and projects.
School Research Committees also play a vital role in facilitating and supporting the research activities of the various schools. They review all school-based research undertaken by faculty, staff and students for appropriateness, quality standards and fit with school and Institutional priorities.
New guidelines [PDF] were developed for School Research Committees and an Institute Research Committee in April 2011. The role of these committees will be:
- to function as the channel for communications among research participants,
- to provide transparent access to research funding and resources that require decisions at the School or Institute level,
- to provide feedback and direction for research initiatives and policies at BCIT.
The School Research Committees will be the decision making body for research projects or initiatives that require resources to be allocated by the respective school. The Institute Research Committee will be the decision making body for research projects or initiatives that require resources to be allocated at the Institute Level.
Research committee membership
- School of Business + Media Research Committee, March 2020 [PDF]
- School of Computing & Academic Studies Research Committee, 2019/2020 [PDF]
- School of Construction & the Environment Research Committee, March 2020 [PDF]
- School of Energy Research Committee
- School of Health Sciences Research Committee
- School of Transportation Research Committee, 2020 [PDF]
- Services & Support Research Committee, February 2020 [PDF]