Student Innovation Challenge
- Nov 1 – Launch of 2021 Student Innovation Challenge
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday April 7, 2021
- Pitch Round: Wednesday April 21, 2021
- Awards Ceremony: Wednesday Apr 28, 2021
BCITSA Entrepreneurship events:
- Startup Foundations Workshop
Thu, Jan 14, 2021, 5:30 – 6:30 pm, Online (virtually)
Do you have a business idea but you’re not sure where to start? This workshop will walk you through the basics of building a strong business model using the Lean Canvas framework.
- Marketing Tools for Bootstrapping Entrepreneurs
Wed, Jan 20, 5:30 – 6:30 pm, Online (virtually)
This event will help you to:
– Understand the basics of designing and executing low-cost marketing strategies.
– Evaluate the pros and cons of various marketing channels.
– Assess what types of messaging work best to reach your target customers.
– Understand how to measure the success of your marketing techniques.
Students who attend five or more BCITSA Entrepreneurship events between September 2020 and May 2021, will earn a “Business Basics in Innovation” Certificate of Completion from BCIT’s Applied Research Liaison Office.