- Nov 1 – Launch of 2021 Student Innovation Challenge
- Submission Deadline: Wednesday April 7, 2021
- Pitch Round: Wednesday April 21, 2021
- Awards Ceremony: Wednesday April 28, 2021 3pm – 4pm.
BCITSA Entrepreneurship events
Ask an Expert: Trades Entrepreneurship Panel
Wed, May 12, 2021, 2:00 – 3:00 pm, Online (virtually)
Join us at this free, virtual event that features a panel of four successful BCIT trades grads who have started their own businesses and become leaders in their fields. These founders share their experiences and offer advice on how you can save time, money and energy when you’re building your own business.
No matter what industry or field you’re in, you can learn something from these founders who have experienced all the ups and downs of launching and growing a business.
- Adam Wicks, Founder of Wicks Electric
- Brandy Kawulka, Founder of Wood Be Art
- Terence Chan, Founder of Impetus Plumbing and Heating
- Joe Geluch, Founder of Naikoon Contracting
Students who attend five or more BCITSA Entrepreneurship events between September 2020 and May 2021, will earn a “Business Basics in Innovation” Certificate of Completion from BCIT’s Applied Research Liaison Office.