YVR Smart Airport Hackathon
Canada’s second busiest airport is hosting its first Hackathon for BCIT, UBC and SFU students.
Register your team!
Are you interested in supporting YVR’s vision for the future and showcasing your skills to some of BC’s most influential organizations?
YVR is rethinking what digital transformation means for an airport and engaging the community is integral to innovation and momentum for YVR.
Located on Sea Island (Musqueam Territory), YVR is part of an expansive community with real world problems that need solving. With that, YVR is inviting students from BCIT, UBC and SFU to solve for a maintenance related challenge at the airport requiring innovative thinking and collaboration.
YVR’s Innovation Hub and Maintenance Team, in partnership with Innovate BC and Schneider.
- A student Hackathon aimed at solving real-world industry challenges.
- Student teams of 4-8 will each solve one or more problem statements and can expect to present their findings to a panel of judges, representing both industry and academia.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be provided (vegan and dairy free options available).
- An awards ceremony, with special guests and speaking remarks, will wrap up the event.
- First place will receive a $5,000 cash prize, $3,000 for second place, and third and fourth places will receive $1000 each.
- YVR will capture the Hackathon through video and photos and will share these with media and community partners. YVR, BCIT, UBC and SFU will all amplify content from the event on their channels, which students are encouraged to share!
- Virtual onboarding and demo of YVR’s Digital Twin Platform: Thursday, May 4, 2:00-4:00pm
- Hackathon Day and student awards ceremony: Friday, May 5, 2023, 9:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Vancouver International Airport
3211 Grant McConachie Way Richmond, BC V7B OA4