The Applied Research Liaison Office (ARLO) provides a wide range of support services and guidance to BCIT faculty, researchers, students, and industry partners. ARLO helps facilitate solutions to industry challenges, creates beneficial partnerships and practical learning opportunities for students, assists BCIT faculty and researchers with their research programs, and supports commercially relevant new technology products and applications.
- Liaises with external agencies and partners
- Identifies research funding sources and helps develop research proposals
- Tracks and reports on BCIT research projects
- Provides an interface for researchers to BCIT’s Marketing and Communications Department
- Assesses technologies and markets
- Develops and protects intellectual property
- Develops technology commercialization strategies
- Supports industry led innovation.