The Advanced Diploma in Business Management familiarizes you to essential business topics like management accounting, economics, marketing, human resource management, and more. Through lectures, group discussion, and case studies, you’ll learn how to apply a disciplined and professional approach to management to prepare you for your future career in business. After completing a BCIT Business Diploma you have the option to enroll in BCIT’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA).
What are the requirements for the BCIT Advanced Diploma in Business Management pathway?
BCIT Advanced Diploma in Business Management
- Successful completion of an accepted Sprott Shaw College Program with a GPA of 65% or higher
- English 12 (67% or higher) or equivalent
BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration
Successful completion of BCIT’s Business Management Advanced Diploma (70% overall in all 14 courses), and 70% cumulative average in the following courses:
- ECON 2200 – Macroeconomics
- COMM 3111 – Managerial Communications
- FMGT 2152 – Accounting for Management
- OPMT 5515 – Quantitative Methods for Managers
- MKTG 4010 – Marketing Management Strategic Planning
What is the best start date?
BCIT’s full-time Business Management Advanced Diploma program commences in the fall, after Canadian Labour Day weekend and in January. To align with this, the best start dates for Sprott Shaw College programs are the Spring and Summer terms. Part-time courses also commence at the beginning of January, April, and September; and, Summer Intensive sessions start June, July, and August.
When should I apply for BCIT?
Full-time applications will open on November 1st for following September.
Full-time applications will open on March 15th for following January.
Provisional acceptance can be given after you have completed half your Sprott Shaw College Diploma (approximately 6 months before graduation) and meet the English requirement.
Flexible Learning (part-time course-by-course) requires students to have all requirements completed and be registered in courses to get an acceptance letter. Courses for the following term open up approximately 2 months prior to the start date. Example: If a student graduates in October and wants to apply for Flexible Learning in January, you must register in the January courses in mid-October. View the Flexible Learning registration dates.
How do I apply for BCIT?
Click on the start assessment below to start your pre-assessment form into the program.
Please include proof of the following under “Attachments”:
- Official Transcripts or Transcripts showing at least 50% completion of an eligible pathway program
- Diploma (if graduated) or Letter of Acceptance/Enrolment (if your diploma is in-progress)
- English 12 (67% or higher) or equivalent such as a non-expired IELTS Academic 6.5 or Duolingo 115.
A member of our team will reach out to send you the next step instructions. If you do not have your documents or have a question, please contact us at email@example.com.