The Supply Chain Management Association (SCMA) is Canada’s largest association representing supply chain professionals. The Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation is Canada’s principal and most sought-after professional designation for those entering the supply chain profession and advancing as leaders in supply chain.
SCMA and BCIT are committed to supporting graduates of both the Global Trade and Transportation Management and Business Operations Management programs to be at the leading edge of supply chain throughout their careers, to improving the corporate performance of their organizations, and to influencing the transformation of supply chain systems in Canada.
To achieve this, the parties have reached agreements to provide an efficient path for graduates of the programs, who achieve a grade of 70% or higher, to advanced standing towards the following SCMP academic program components:
Global Trade and Transportation Management program:
- Module 1 – Supply Chain Management
- Module 2 – Procurement and Supply Management
- Module 3 – Logistics and Transportation
- Module 4 – Operations and Process Management
- Module 5 – Knowledge Management
- Module 6 – Global Sourcing
- Module 8 – Supply Chain Management Service, Capital Goods and Project management
- Workshop 2 – Negotiation Skills
- Workshop 3 – Communications and Relational Skills
- Workshop 6 – Ethical Behaviour and Social Responsibility
Business Operations Management program:
- Module 4: Operations and Process Management
- Module 5: Knowledge Management
- Interactive Workshop 3: Communication and Relational Skills
To earn the SCMP designation, these candidates must meet the prescribed entry requirements and successfully complete the remaining academic program requirements. Those details are available in SCMA website.