Your Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) strategy, metrics, and reporting communicate what you value and determine your organization’s impacts. As Peter Drucker wrote, “What gets measured gets managed,” so how do we choose what to measure?
This ESG Fundamentals microcredential provides participants with an opportunity to investigate environmental, social, and governance impacts and develop a strategy to act on your values. Top talent is choosing careers that enable alignment between personal values and professional aspirations. The ESG Fundamentals Microcredential is designed to grow the community of professionals who:
- Understand the ESG impact areas
- Can identify the ESG factors that are material to an organization
- Can meaningfully engage relevant stakeholders to ensure actions are inclusive and evidence-based
- Are equipped to act now to maximize the positive and minimize the negative ESG impacts at organizations of all sizes.
Amidst a global reframing of value and rising expectations of action and progress on justice and climate-related goals, business is a vital ingredient in the transition to a net-zero, healthy, inclusive, and regenerative economy. Join us for the ESG Fundamentals Microcredential to design (or develop the next phase of) your individual and organizational ESG Roadmap to be part of the just transition to a regenerative economy.
What you will learn?
- Explore the rise of ESG strategy and discover its connection to CSR, sustainability, social responsibility, and impact movements.
- Learn how to apply organizational behaviour and change leadership principles to design and enable an ESG strategy.
- Identify the role of materiality assessments in determining high-impact ESG opportunities.
- Understand how stakeholder engagement fuels governance, social, and environmental actions and impacts.
- Develop an ESG Roadmap that outlines your ESG strategy and drives collaborative action that maximizes positive impacts and minimizes negative impacts.
- Learn how to identify the specific tools and frameworks that will be most useful to your core business (e.g. SASB, GRI, ISO, CCAB, TCFD, SDGs, B Corp, sector-specific standards, etc.).
Who will benefit from this program?
- Business leaders and individuals looking to act on their commitment to building an inclusive, sustainable, and regenerative economy through mapping an initial ESG strategy
- Organizations of all sizes seeking to understand their environmental, social, and governance impacts and begin to map an ESG strategy to maximize positive and minimize negative impacts
- Individuals who are ready to chart their course to impact ESG outcomes for their organization and build their skillset so they are qualified for advancement within and beyond their current organization
- Business leaders and individuals at any level of an organization who are at the beginning of the ESG journey as well as those looking to advance their knowledge and impact through acquiring new tools and broadening their network