BCIT New Media Design and Web Development students in their final term of study are available to work five days a week in your organization for a nine-week period. The students have completed most of their classroom requirements and have job ready skills to make an impact within your organization and are eager to sink their teeth into real work. The New Media diploma program offers three internship opportunities starting in January, May, and September.
The internship provides students with exposure to the new media industry and gives them valuable work experience. At the same time, you receive a recently trained student to work on projects and complete various tasks within your organization. It is a perfect way to try out a potential new entry-level employee with no risk. A win/win for both parties.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
|Web Design||Scripting and Programming|
|Web Apps and Web Development||Visual Effects|
|Web Animation||Interactive Media|
|Online Store||Graphic Design and Branding|
|Storytelling||Social Media Networking|
|Motion Graphics||RPAS (Drones)|
|Video and Audio Editing||Web Marketing|
|Information Architecture||User Experience (UX)|
|Digital Photography||User Interface Design (UI)|
Internship applications are submitted two to three months in advance to BCIT Students start their nine-week internship:
How does the internship process work?
Create and submit a one or two page Word document containing the following:
- The organization’s name, address, and website
- Brief description of your organization
- Internship supervisor’s contact details (phone number and email address)
- Detailed job posting outlining the student’s remuneration, responsibilities, requirements, and duties
- Student(s) application deadline
Remember, students will be applying based on the information that you provide. Companies that provide a detailed and interesting description of the position, the company, and the industry tend to attract more applicants and have a higher chance of landing a student. Securing a internship student is not guaranteed.
BCIT New Media Design and Web Development Internship requirements
- Provide meaningful tasks to keep the student busy
- Have sufficient work to last five days a week for nine weeks
- Short project requirements can be negotiated with students and internship adviser
- Students work business hours that are typical of your organization
- Consider a combination of work done from school and your premises
If you have any additional questions about the internship for the BCIT New Media Design and Web Development diploma program or to submit your practicum application, please contact:
Program Head, New Media Design and Web Development
Digital Arts Department