Italy: Sustainability through collaboration
The objective of the BCIT Business Executive Field School is to offer applied learning, rich interactive site visits, and immersion in the cooperative and Italian culture.
Regions to be visited: Bologna, Emilia-Romagna
When: June 9 to June 16, 2024
- Exposure to the Italian Cooperative Model
- Reinforce the importance of the principles of cooperation for mutual benefit
- Observe how government policies can promote cooperative relations among firms
- Learn to develop sector-specific strategies that aid the growth of cooperative firms
- Discern the impact of a member based shared services model
- Apply the cooperative model by working on a project with your cohort
- Network with Italian Cooperative Executives and explore collaboration between countries
Site visits include (subject to change):
- University of Bologna
- Chamber of Commerce
- Confooperative Credit Union
- Coop Alleanza 3.0
- Dolce Social Coop
- Cooperative Agricole Braccienti
- Cultural visits include day trip to Venice, city walk
tours and more!
Program cost: $6,595 *
Applicants are accepted in the order that they are received.
Program cost includes:
- Programming and curriculum
- Guest lectures
- Site visits
- Certificate of Completion
- Curriculum related transportation
- Accommodation and Breakfast
Seats are limited. Fees do not cover airfare, transportation to and from Bologna or personal expenses. Accommodation will be at a four-star hotel located in the centre of town.
How to apply:
Interested in applying to the Executive Field School program? Email us.
*GST amount not included
CEO, First West Credit Union, 2017 Executive Field School
My experience here in Italy has been far greater than I ever imagined. What I really walked away with is the culture of cooperation. I am more proud to be a part of a credit union and part of the co-operative movement and understanding the value that we play.
Join us on the 2024 BCIT Executive Field School in Italy to learn more about the Italian cooperative business model. Learn more about the program by downloading the brochure.