A BCIT Business Consulting Project provides Business Management students the opportunity to work over a 10-week period with an organization to solve a business problem or challenge. Students work in a team of two or three to identify potential opportunities, conduct research, and recommend effective solutions. The end result for your organization is a comprehensive written report and an oral presentation outlining the student team’s recommendations and solutions. The Business Management program accepts approximately 30 project proposals per year.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
|Business Analysis||Small Business Operations|
|Organizational Behaviour||Sales & Marketing|
|Website Optimization||Human Resources|
|Sept – Nov||Project proposals submitted to BCIT|
|January||Student teams review and select projects|
|Feb – Mar||Students, Faculty Advisor, and Sponsor agree to project details|
|Mar – May||Students conduct research, write a report, and prepare their presentation|
|Mid – May||Students deliver oral presentation and written report to sponsor|
BCIT Business Consulting Project ideas
- How can my small business reach a larger audience?
- How can we improve employee on-the-job training and performance?
- How can we increase our website traffic and online revenue?
- How can we market our products/services to a certain demographic?
- How can we improve our communication and service with our customers?
- What will be the impact on our business if we expand our product line?
BCIT Business Consulting Project requirements
- A clearly defined business challenge or problem
- Involve a market research component
- Workspace and administrative services for 2-3 students
- Available two days a week for student visits (Tues & Wed)
- A $750 donation to the student scholarship fund (taxable benefit)
To get started, please fill out the Business Consulting Project Proposal [PDF] form. If you have any additional questions about the BCIT Business Consulting Project program or if you would like to be contacted when the next project opportunity arises please contact:
Business Management Program Head
Business Administration Department