A BCIT Business Consulting Project provides Marketing Management students the opportunity to work over a 16-week period with an organization to solve a marketing problem or challenge. Students work in a team of two or three to conduct extensive market research and prepare a marketing plan or business plan for the sponsoring organization. The end result for your organization is a comprehensive written report and an oral presentation outlining the student team’s marketing recommendations and solutions. The Marketing Management program accepts approximately 50 project proposals per year.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS|
|Business Planning||Developing Marketing Plans|
|Creating Marketing Materials||Advertising Scheduling|
|Promotions & Event Management||Internet Marketing|
|Public Relations||Social Media|
|Sept – Nov||Project proposals submitted to BCIT|
|December||Student teams review and select projects|
|January||Students, Faculty Advisor, and Sponsor agree to project details|
|Jan – May||Students conduct research, write a report, and prepare their presentation|
|Mid – May||Students deliver oral presentation and written report to sponsor|
BCIT Business Consulting Project ideas
- How do we market to a certain demographic?
- What are the needs and wants of our target market?
- What social media channels should we use to reach our target market?
- How do we increase repeat purchases and customer loyalty?
- What is the current competitive landscape in our industry?
- How can we improve our marketing efforts?
- How can we best reach our target market with a limited budget?
BCIT Business Consulting Project requirements
- A clearly defined marketing challenge or problem
- Involve a comprehensive marketing research component
- Develop a marketing plan or business plan
- Available one day a week for student visits
- Pay a $750 fee to cover program administration fees and support the marketing scholarship fund
If you have any additional questions about the BCIT Business Consulting Project program or if you would like to be contacted when the next project opportunity arises please contact:
Business Consulting Project Coordinator
Marketing Management Department
Subscribe to the quarterly School of Business + Media industry newsletter.