Congratulations on your acceptance into the BCIT School of Business + Media!
Your program will keep you busy once school gets started, so we’ve prepared a few basics to help you get orientated and prepared for your first few days. Learn about all the resources available to you on the Academic Resources and Student Services pages.
Visit the COVID-19 Information for Students page to find many answers to your questions about studying in the Fall.
Students are required to own a laptop computer, view the Bring Your Own Device specifications for most business programs. Digital Arts, Media and Design and Broadcast and Media Communications students have program specific requirements that are found on the program’s ‘Costs & Supplies’ page.
New Student Checklist
Here is a checklist of items to do before your first week of school.
- Complete the Business Math Evaluation (excluding Sustainable Business Leadership, Digital Arts, Media and Design and Broadcast and Media students)
- Complete the English language assessment (excluding Sustainable Business Leadership, Digital Arts, Media and Design and Broadcast and Media students – except for students in the Digital Design and Development diploma)
- Get your BCIT Student ID & UPass
- Download the myBCIT app
- Get your program timetable
- Set up your BCIT Learning Hub profile
- Learn about Student Financial Aid and Awards
- Get a list of Textbooks for your courses
- Transfer Credits from another academic institution
- Parking, Car Sharing, Cycling, and Transit
Summer Student Success Webinar Series
The BCIT School of Business + Media ‘Summer Student Success’ webinar series is designed for new and returning students and is presented by the school’s Academic Leadership Team. Find the webinar descriptions and watch the past recorded sessions on the Summer Student Success page.
|July 6 & 7||The Basics: Be Ready for September|
|July 13 & 14||Be Technologically Prepared (BYOD)|
|July 20 & 21||Online Learning Environment and Best Practices|
|July 27 & 28||Tips for Successful Virtual Teams|
|Aug 10 & 11||What’s Your Routine? Developing Good Habits for Time Management|
|Aug 17 & 18||Platforms and Apps for Online Learning: Learning Hub, Zoom, & Bongo|
|Aug 24 & 25||Library Resources and Academic Integrity|
|Aug 31 & Sept 1||BCIT Student Association & Student Clubs|