Are you interested in immersing yourself in a new culture and exploring a different academic environment? As an exchange student you can spend one term at one of our partner institutions while earning credits towards your degree.
Students (full-time and part-time) in the following programs are eligible to go on exchange:
- Bachelor of Accounting
- Bachelor of Business Administration
- Diploma in Business Administration (Global Studies Option)
- Diploma in Broadcast and Online Journalism**
- Diploma in New Media Design and Web Development***
**Broadcast and Journalism students interested to go abroad for their practicum can contact us for more information.
***New Media Design and Web Development students can join an international practicum in Germany. Contact us for more information.
Where can I go?
The BCIT School of Business has 23 partner institutions in more than 16 countries across four continents. Check out the list of partner institutions and see which institute best suits your academic and personal goals.
We are still accepting applications for our Summer Field School, Exchange and Double Degree 2024-2025 programs!
Partner Institute: Universidad del Desarrollo
Partner Institute: HTW Berlin University of Applied Sciences
Partner Institute: University of Applied Sciences Upper Austria
Partner Institute: Kookmin University
Courses and Credits
Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Accounting students typically earn credits for their general education electives on exchange, although some partner universities have equivalents of BCIT core (option) courses as well.
Our Asian partner universities follow BCIT’s credential system. Our European partner institutions work on a different credential systems called ECTS. One BCIT credit is worth approximately two ECTS credits. While on exchange, students generally complete 15.0 BCIT credits.
You will pay regular BCIT tuition during your semester on exchange. The cost of going on exchange mainly depends on where you decide to go. Vancouver has a very high cost of living, so many destinations will seem less expensive than what you’re used to. There are also several scholarships and awards available.
- Apply: Complete an online application form by February 1. Email a one-page letter of intent stating why you want to do the double degree to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal Interview: Eligible applicants will be contacted for an in-person or online interview within 5 business days after applying.
- Wait for Admittance: Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be informed of a decision by mid-February.
Please respect the following application deadlines:
- Fall Term (September to December): February 1
- Winter/Spring Term (January to May): February 1
We welcome applications after the deadline. However, please note that some destinations and scholarship opportunities may no longer be available.
Find out what a great experience going on exchange can be from other BCIT Business students who have recently studied a term abroad.
Stay and work in Switzerland
After completing your studies, Canadian students (18-35 years old) can work in Switzerland for up to 18 months in a job associated with their studies. Learn more about this opportunity from the brochure [PDF] or website.