If you have completed a BCIT Accounting, Finance, or Financial Planning diploma, you can earn your Bachelor of Accounting (BAcc) at BCIT. This degree will provide you with an academic credential leading to a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation, a MPAcc (Master of Professional Accounting), or an MBA program.
Students completing this program will acquire the key technical, interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills demanded by employers.
The Bachelor of Accounting consists of eight Advanced Technical Specialty courses and 36 credits of General Education. Full-time students also have the option to complete a Workplace Education component.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person for the fall semester.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
The BCIT model: fast, flexible and effective
BCIT’s Bachelor of Accounting is offered as:
- Flexible Part-Time Studies: The flexible part-time program allows you to maintain your career and study at the same time. You can register course by course, and apply for admission to the program any time.
- Full-Time Day Stream: This program is offered on a full-time basis for those students who want to accelerate their completion of the program. The program starts every September and January.
BCIT offers a number of international study opportunities that helps students gain a global perspective of the economy, culture, government, and everyday life of the country they study in. You could participate in a summer field school or complete an international degree. Learn more about studying abroad.
This program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
Costs & Supplies
Bring your own device
Students are required to have their own laptop. Please refer to the Bring Your Own Device Specifications [PDF] for requirements.
Laptop costs vary depending on the configuration chosen, but will likely range from approximately $1,000 to $2,000.
Full-time day program
Admitted students will be offered four specific Advanced Technical Specialty courses each term.
These courses are normally held on Mondays to Fridays, any time between 8:30am and 5:30pm. The students will be responsible for registering and completing the General Education courses on their own.
Graduating & Jobs
Graduates of the Bachelor of Accounting degree have several options for further education and professional development opportunities.
Further education options
- CPA – Charted Professional Accountants Designation
- MPAcc – Master of Professional Accounting (University of Saskatchewan)
- BCIT – Business Analytics Graduate Certificate
- BCIT – Forensic Investigation of Fraud and Financial Crime Graduate Certificate
This program leads to middle management and senior management positions in a variety of roles including public practice, corporate accounting, and government entities.
“I had the opportunity to attend an event for BCIT Accounting alumni who recently passed the CFE and I could not be a more proud alumni of such a tremendous school! Thank you BCIT for being there every step of the way!”
Poonam Deol, Senior Associate at PwC
“When I started my post-secondary education, my choices were all over the place. I always wanted to do best in life and that is why I choose BCIT. It provided the required training, offered flexibility in my learning path, and created a perfect platform to complete my degree and assisted me in obtaining one of the most esteemed accounting designations – Chartered Accountant (CA).”
Ankur Merwaha, CA. Senior Accountant, Assurance Services BDO Canada LLP
“My education at BCIT gave me the skills I needed to succeed and put me on the path to realizing my educational and career goals in a highly competitive business environment.”
Gianni Veltri, Senior Accountant, KPMG LLP
Sarah Chanway – 604-432-8571
Program Administrator, Bachelor of Accounting
Program Head, Bachelor of Accounting
Contact a Program Advisor with the BCIT program name in the subject line if you have a question about:
- Program selection and program planning
- Applying for transfer credit and advanced placement
- Job placement and graduate outcomes
- Student life
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.