The International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) is the provincially mandated credential evaluation service in British Columbia. We are also a member of the Alliance of Credential Evaluation Services of Canada (ACESC). If you are seeking a credential evaluation based on your academic credential and it is for employment, licensure, registration, post-secondary entry, or general interest please click “General applicants”. If you are seeking an Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) report for immigration purposes (Express Entry or Permanent Residency) please click “For Immigration” below:
(Basic - 4 weeks)
(Comprehensive - 7 weeks)
- Due to term start, BCIT is experiencing high wait times for clients who wish to come apply in person for the week of January 6 to January 10. Please plan for longer than usual wait periods or consider coming in the week of January 13.
- Our application portal will not be available on weekends from Saturday 12:00am to Monday 12:00am. Please access the site on Monday 12:01am Pacific Standard Time (PST).
- Africa: due to a recent increase in the number of fraudulent documents originating from this continent, applicants who submit credentials from the Ivory Coast, Nigeria and other African countries will experience further delays due to verification procedures we have put in place. This applies to both general and ECA evaluation reports.
- ICES cannot offer rush service.
- Applications from Syria
- ICES is unable to send any mail by courier to Kyrgyzstan, Kosovo or Turkmenistan, Yemen and Palestine. Cuba has restricted incoming mail by courier only. Also, Canada Post has temporarily suspended all mail services to Syria. Please see this notification of the OFAC trade embargo for more information.