The Purpose of our Assessments
The purpose of our assessments is to compare education earned outside of Canada to the general education ladder in Canada. ICES reports offer a general comparability of the years and levels of study necessary to complete a program. In all cases, ICES recommendations are set by considering several factors including:
- The minimum academic credential one must hold in order to be admitted to the program.
- The level and duration of the program.
- The program of study to which the credential provides access in the country of origin.
- The recognition of the institution and program.
The Scope and Limits of an ICES Report
ICES follows the standard methodology used in evaluation services throughout Canada and the United States and we apply this methodology consistently to all of our clients. ICES does not evaluate course content or make a judgment on the quality of individual credentials. ICES is not in a position to evaluate the merits of each individual's performance or knowledge (other than on the basis of grades). Instead, ICES offers a service which authenticates documents, conducts research based on well established methodologies, and then issues an evaluation report that provides a general recommendation of the comparability of education earned outside of Canada to the Canadian education system. ICES is a government-mandated service in British Columbia, but serves the interests of all internationally educated applicants throughout Canada.Please note that evaluations completed by ICES are advisory in nature and do not guarantee, replace or supersede the assessments required by professional or trade associations or for admission to educational institutions or organizations. The evaluation reports are designed to support and facilitate hiring or admission decisions made by employers, regulatory bodies and educational institutions.
International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES) will provide individuals possessing educational credentials from outside BC or Canada with accurate, equitable, affordable, and reliable evaluations of their educational documents (Per the Alliance agreement: General Guiding Principles for Good Practice in the Assessment of Foreign Credentials and the Quality Assurance Framework).
- All rush requests have been suspended until further notice. (Effective August 30th, 2017)
- International Credential Evaluation Service now designated service by CIC to provide ECAs
- Applications from Syria
- ICES is unable to send any mail by courier to Syria, Cuba, Kosovo or Turkmenistan. Cuba has restricted incoming mail by courier only.