In this course students will use management accounting information for strategic and operational decision-making. Course topics include management control systems, the performance of individual managers, and strategies for avoiding sub-optimal managerial decisions. This course qualifies as a prerequisite for entrance into the Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP) when completed in conjunction with ACCG 6210 Management Accounting - Comprehensive.
Below is one offering of FMGT 7210 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Tue Dec 05 (13 weeks)
- 13 weeks
- CRN 49954
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 28||Tue||18:00 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 209|
|Dec 05||Tue||18:00 - 21:30||Burnaby SE12 Rm. 310|
- Departmental approval needed
This is a degree level course for the Bachelor of Accounting program. Those who have not been formally accepted into the program will require department approval prior to registration. For approval, please send an email to email@example.com with your BCIT student ID number and a brief explanation of why you wish to register in the course.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate optimal profit decisions in the short-term using excel tools, solver and linear regression
- Analyse differences between plan and actual using the flexible budget approach
- Apply activity-based costing to calculate product costs
- Extend activity-based costing techniques to perform customer profitability analysis
- Describe the various elements of management control systems
- Demonstrate the effect of managerial performance measures on the profits of a division and the organization
- Analyse the effect of divisional transfer pricing methods on organizational profitability
- Construct a comprehensive framework for operational and strategic control by using a strategy map and balanced scorecard
Effective as of Fall 2016
Advanced Management Accounting (FMGT 7210) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Management Accounting (FMGT 7210)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.