Skip to main content

StudentAidBC applications now available

StudentAidBC applications for full- and part-time students for the 2022/2023 school year (beginning on or after August 1, 2022) are now available. For details on how to apply for a part-time student loan, please review the information below.

As a Part-time Studies student, you may be eligible for government student loans and grants to assist in funding your studies.

Before you apply

All students taking Part-time Studies courses must first declare a program of study in order to qualify for funding.

Government student loans and grants

Part-time student funding is available through StudentAidBC, including part-time student loans and Canada student grants. These programs are available to assist students studying on a part-time basis (20-59% course load) in an eligible BCIT program. If you are completing part-time courses on a full-time basis (60% or more of a 100% course load), you may be eligible for full-time funding.

For additional information, visit StudentAidBC, or contact Student Financial Aid & Awards.


Eligiblity is determined on the basis of assessed financial need.

All BCIT students taking Part-time Studies courses who are applying for financial assistance are required to be declared and enrolled in an approved eligible program leading to a BCIT degree, diploma, or certificate.

To declare into an approved eligible program, submit a program declaration. Your program declaration must be approved before financial assistance can be confirmed, and only courses within the approved program will be eligible for financial assistance.

Note that apprenticeship programs do not qualify for StudentAidBC funding. Please contact the Apprentice Services office for information on financial assistance.

Canadian, non-BC residents should apply for government student assistance through their home province.

How to apply

Once your program declaration has been approved, submit a completed Part-time Studies Application to Student Financial Aid and Awards.

Please provide the 5-digit CRN (Course Reference Number) when filling out your course information.

The Part-Time Studies Application must be completed in ink and submitted to SFAA.

Submitting applications

We are accepting the Part-time Studies Application form by email only: