Entrance Awards recognize academic and non-academic achievements of students. For a full list of BCIT entrance awards and details, please see BCIT Entrance Awards [PDF].
To be eligible for a BCIT Entrance Award:
- Where applicable, you must meet the award-specific eligibility criteria outlined under the Eligible Program(s) and Award-specific Information sections in the list of BCIT Entrance Awards [PDF].
- You must be a citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
- You must have applied for admission to BCIT and been assigned a BCIT ID.
- You must commence full-time studies (60% or more of a 100% course load) between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
- You must remain registered as a full-time student during the academic period for which an award is given.
- You must maintain satisfactory academic standing during the academic period for which an award is given.
- If you are under disciplinary review or placed on a student performance contract, you may be restricted from receiving an entrance award disbursement.
- Your entrance award application must be received at the Student Financial Aid and Awards office by 4:00 p.m. on the earliest deadline date of your selected entrance awards.
All Entrance Awards are adjudicated on a competitive basis. Selection is based on academic standing in secondary school and/or post-secondary studies. Other factors may be taken into consideration such as participation in school activities, community involvement and demonstrated leadership qualities. Where applicable, these additional criteria are listed under the Award-specific Information section in the list of BCIT Entrance Awards [PDF].
How to apply
You may apply for multiple entrance awards with a single application. On your application form, be sure to select all awards for which you meet the eligibility criteria and would like to apply.
BCIT Entrance Awards have two distinct deadlines that depend on when you begin your full-time studies at BCIT and the program you are registered in. The deadline for each BCIT Entrance Award is listed under each specific entrance award.
For awards with a singular August 5* deadline, you must commence your program between April 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021.
For awards with 2 deadlines, the following applies:
- August 5, 2020* for programs starting between April and November 2020.
- January 6, 2021* for program starting between December 2020 to March 2021.
*or next business day.
Terms and conditions
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of BCIT Entrance Awards.