New StudentAid BC Changes effective August 1, 2023
- StudentAid BC applications for full and part-time studies for study periods starting between August 1, 2023 and July 31, 2024 will become available in early June 2023. Once the applications are available, we encourage you to apply for your funding as soon as possible. Please visit StudentAidBC.ca to access the applications.
- Starting in the 2023/24 application year, Student Aid BC has implemented policy changes including the following:
- Study periods of 6-11 weeks will no longer be eligible for full-time funding. If your study period is 6-11 weeks long, please apply for part-time funding.
- Yearly grant maximums, weekly loan limits, and living allowances have changed. These amounts will be posted on the Student Aid BC website. If you have any questions about your assessment, we encourage you to contact our office to book an appointment with one of our Financial Aid and Awards Advisors.
- There is a new Specific Course Completion Contract (SCCC) Form available. If you need to complete an SCCC for a 2023/24 application period, please use the new form available here.
- If you are applying for the 2022/23 program year, please use the older version of the SCCC, found here.
For questions regarding application submission, loan repayment, additional financial supports, and more during COVID-19, visit our Financial Aid & Awards Updates page for FAQs.
For further assistance, please contact us by phone, email and in-person during our regular business hours:
8:30am – 4:00pm, Monday to Friday
Funding your education starts here
Your finances shouldn’t stand in the way of your education. Let us help you determine your funding options for your BCIT program.
Looking to apply
- Apply for Spring 2023 term Bursaries – deadline June 30, 2023
- Apply for 2023-2024 Entrance Awards – deadline October 1, 2023 (for program starting between January 2024 and April 2024).
- Can’t pay your fees? How to get an extension
- Applying for ‘Student Aid Alberta?’ Contact us for details on start/end dates and books/supplies costs for your program
Maintaining your loan
- Manage your student loans online
- Keep your student loans interest-free: You must apply every term
- Repayment presentation is available regarding government sponsored student loans