The Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) is a non-repayable provincial government funded program designed to provide direct educational costs for students enrolled in developmental programs such as upgrading and ESL courses.
To be eligible to apply, the student must be a Canadian citizen, a permanent resident (must have a valid PR card) or a person with “protected person” status, studying in any of the following courses:
Note: Students must attach copy of 2022 income tax notice of assessment.
|CHEM 0012||COMM 0030||PHYS 0304|
|COMM 0003||COMM 0071||PHYS 0309|
|COMM 0004||MATH 0001||PHYS 0312|
|COMM 0005||MATH 0007||Technology Entry (TE)|
|COMM 0029||OPMT 0199|
Eligibility is based on assessed financial need.
The following assessments are not eligible for AUG funding:
- English Competency Assessment
- English Speaking and Listening Assessment
How to apply
To apply, please print and complete the Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) application from StudentAidBC and submit to the Student Financial Aid and Awards (SFAA) office.
- All students must complete the entire application including Course Details on back page.
- Permanent Residents must attach a copy of the front and back of PR card or IMM1000.
- Students must attach a copy of their 2022 income tax notice of assessment. If you did not file a tax return you must attach documentation to support the income listed on the application.
- Applications must be submitted prior to the last day of class or they will not be accepted.
- Students are responsible for registering into their courses. If unable to pay student fees submit a Tuition Fee Deferral form with your application.
- incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Students will receive notification via myBCIT email address.
2023/2024 AUG application form available for download from StudentAidBC after April 1, 2023