Winter 2024: Funding under the StrongerBC future skills grant program will be available in Winter 2024 for those learners who initiated a program of study in the Fall 2023 term using their future skills grant grant funding of $3500 and whose program extended beyond that first semester (midstream learners).
About the StrongerBC future skills grant
The StrongerBC future skills grant (FSG) is here to help you pursue the future you want. The grant will cover up to $3,500 of eligible costs for your short-term skills training at public universities and colleges in BC.
To be eligible for the StrongerBC future skills grant, you:
- Must be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person entitled to study in Canada.
- Must be B.C. residents and currently live in BC.
- Must be 19 years or older or have graduated high school by the start of your course/program.
- Must provide consent for BCIT to disclose your information to the Province.
- Should not be receiving duplicative and/or overlapping funding to cover eligible costs (i.e. grants, loans, scholarships, or other funding that covers the same program costs as the StrongerBC future skills grant)
Winter 2024 eligibility (in addition to student eligibility)
- You must have started a future skills grant-funded program in the Fall 2023 term (and have received funding) and need to take more courses to complete the program.
- Only courses that start in the Winter semester, between January 1, 2024 – March 31, 2024, and are required to complete a program or credential that has already started are eligible for future skills grant funding in the Winter semester of 2024.
- You must continue with the same program and study at the same institution where you began your program. You cannot switch to a different program or a different institution and retain access to your future skills grant funding for the Winter 2024 Semester. Funding will be available in Fall 2024 if you wish to switch programs or institutions.
- You must not have already exceeded your future skills grant lifetime maximum allotment of $3,500.
Fall 2024: For other students, we are pleased to confirm there will be funded programs available in the Fall (September) 2024 term. This funding will be available for new learners who have not yet accessed future skills grant funding, and for those who have already accessed future skills grant funding less than the $3500 lifetime maximum.
The following programs are approved for FSG funding.
Confirm your FSG eligibility status
- Confirm you received StrongerBC future skills funding for the same program in Fall 2023 that you want to enrol in for Winter 2024.
- Find a program that interests you and verify that you meet the admission requirements, and that the timing fits your schedule.
- Create a BCIT ID if you do not already have one.
- You must register into any eligible courses before requesting funding. You will not need to make any payment during the registration process for StrongerBC FSG eligible courses.
- Complete the StrongerBC future skills grant form.
- Submit the form immediately after completing your registration in order to hold your seat. If this form is not received within 24 hours you may be dropped for non-payment.