- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course stresses the application of financial strategies to financing challenges faced by business enterprises. Using a predominantly small business, case-based approach, students are introduced to various areas of business operations which drive financing requirements, or exacerbate financial challenges and then examine means of satisfying those requirements or modifying operations to minimize financial challenges.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate financing issues and challenges small business managers face.
- Compare and analyze various short-term financing options available to a small business.
- Select assumptions for constructing forecast financial statements.
- Select an appropriate supporting rationale for commercial loan applications.
- Compare and contrast various methods and criteria employed in valuing and assessing start-up ventures.
- Evaluate capital budgeting opportunities for businesses in different industries.
- Evaluate currency-hedging alternatives by comparing among different alternatives.
- Outline the impact financial decisions may have on other aspects of the business.
- Construct and interpret a valuation model for a business.
- Select a suitable financial instrument as well as appropriate terms and conditions by evaluating financial opportunities.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Advanced Finance (FMGT 7510) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Bachelor of Accounting Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Finance (FMGT 7510)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.