This course stresses the application of financial strategies to financing challenges faced by business enterprises. Using a predominantly small business, case-based approach, students are introduced to various areas of business operations which drive financing requirements, or exacerbate financial challenges and then examine means of satisfying those requirements or modifying operations to minimize financial challenges.
Below is one offering of FMGT 7510 for the Fall 2023 term.
Thu Sep 14 - Thu Dec 07 (13 weeks)
- 13 weeks
- CRN 32091
Class meeting times
|Sep 14 - Dec 07||Thu||18:00 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 208|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
This is a degree level courses reserved only for those who have been formally accepted into the Bachelor of Accounting program. If you have an inquiry regarding this course, please contact Bachelor_accounting@bcit.ca.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Evaluate financing issues and challenges small business managers face.
- Compare and analyze various short-term financing options available to a small business.
- Select assumptions for constructing forecast financial statements.
- Select an appropriate supporting rationale for commercial loan applications.
- Compare and contrast various methods and criteria employed in valuing and assessing start-up ventures.
- Evaluate capital budgeting opportunities for businesses in different industries.
- Evaluate currency-hedging alternatives by comparing among different alternatives.
- Outline the impact financial decisions may have on other aspects of the business.
- Construct and interpret a valuation model for a business.
- Select a suitable financial instrument as well as appropriate terms and conditions by evaluating financial opportunities.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Advanced Finance (FMGT 7510) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Bachelor of Accounting Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Finance (FMGT 7510)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.