The Accounting Workterm is a paid experiential learning opportunity whereby the student completes productive tasks related to the core competencies of the Bachelor of Accounting program. The workterm enhances the education experience by integrating traditional academic studies with relevant work experience in a wide spectrum of industry sectors. On the job performance is fully evaluated.
- Admission to the Bachelor of Accounting program or permission of the program head.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Develop a professional identify as an ethical accounting professional through self evaluation and reflection on workplace experiences.
- Apply skills gained from this program at a workplace.
- Work productively as a member of a team by completing tasks as assigned by the employer.
- Identify potential career options in the Accounting field.
- Create a network of business contacts.
- Evaluate career interests and goals.
Effective as of Fall 2017
Workplace Education Workterm 1 (FMGT 7610) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Bachelor of Accounting Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Workplace Education Workterm 1 (FMGT 7610)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.