BCIT Radio Arts and Entertainment students in their final term of study are available to work five days a week in your organization for a four week period. The students have completed the majority of their classroom requirements and have job ready broadcasting skills to make an impact within your organization and are eager to sink their teeth into real work.
The internship program provides students with exposure to the broadcasting and entertainment industry and gives them valuable work experience. At the same time, you receive a recently trained student to work on projects and complete various tasks within your organization. It is a perfect way to try out a potential new entry-level employee with no risk. A win/win for both parties.
|STUDENT SKILLS & SPECIALTY AREAS
|Write News Stories
|Write Radio Ads
|Voice Over Talent
|Research Background Information
|Dec – Feb
|Internship applications submitted to BCIT
|Students apply to internships and interviews are conducted
|Internships are finalized
|Students start their internship
How does the internship process work?
Create and submit a one or two page Word document containing the following:
- Brief description of your organization
- Job description outlining the student’s responsibilities
- State if the internship is paid or unpaid
- The organization’s name, address, and website
- Contact name, phone number, and email address
- Student application deadline
Remember, students will be applying based on the information that you provide. Companies that provide a detailed and interesting description of the position, the company, and the industry tend to attract more applicants and have a higher chance of landing an intern. Securing an intern is not guaranteed.
BCIT Radio Arts and Entertainment requirements
- Provide meaningful tasks to keep the student busy
- Have sufficient work to last five days a week for four weeks
- Students work business hours that are typical of your organization
If you have any additional questions about the BCIT Radio Arts and Entertainment internship program or to submit your internship application, please contact:
Program Head, Radio Arts and Entertainment
Broadcasting & Media Communications Department