What are the requirements for the VFS-BCIT pathway?
BCIT Advanced Diploma in Business Management
- Successful completion of an accepted VFS Program with a GPA of 2.0/64.5% or higher
- English 12 (67% or higher) or equivalent
BCIT Bachelor of Business Administration
Successful completion of BCIT’s Business Management Advanced Diploma (70% overall in all 14 courses), and 70% cumulative average in the following courses:
- ECON 2200 – Macroeconomics
- COMM 3111 – Managerial Communications
- FMGT 2152 – Accounting for Management
- OPMT 5515 – Quantitative Methods for Managers
- MKTG 4010 – Marketing Management Strategic Planning
What is the best start date?
BCIT’s full-time Business Management Advanced Diploma program commences in the fall, after Canadian Labour Day weekend. To align with this, the best start dates for VFS programs are the Spring and Summer terms. Self-directed studies also commence at the beginning of January, April, and September; and, Summer Intensive sessions start June, July, and August.
When should I apply for BCIT?
If you are planning to study full-time (January or September intake), we can start your admission process once you have completed at least half of your program. If you are planning to study part-time (Jaunty, April or September) please contact us directly for further details.
How long will it take to receive a conditional letter of acceptance from BCIT after completing my VFS application?
You will receive a letter from BCIT within four weeks of applying.