The British Columbia Institute of Technology is committed to providing the necessary resources and procedures to ensure the Institute responds effectively to any emergency or disaster, so students and employees can learn and work in a safe environment.
Through awareness sessions, training, and emergency response plans, BCIT intends for the following goals to be achieved:
- Provide for the safety and health of all responders.
- Save lives.
- Reduce suffering.
- Protect public health.
- Protect the Institute’s infrastructure.
- Protect the Institute’s property.
- Restore the Institute’s operations.
- Protect the environment.
- Reduce economic and social losses.
BCIT’s emergency management program is designed to ready all of its campuses in the event of an emergency.
Planning, preparedness & mitigation
Related links within BCIT
Prepared BC (provincial emergency program)