BC Post-Secondary Emergency Planners (BCPSEP) is a group comprised of twenty-seven post-secondary institutions in British Columbia and four guest institutions from other provinces. The group is divided into four regions: South-West, Vancouver Island, Central & South East and North. The group aims to foster working relationships between institutions to develop best practices in emergency planning for the universities, colleges and institutes in BC.
The group meets approximately three times a year to share their knowledge and experience in emergency planning and business continuity. The group’s strategic plan is to foster working relationships between each other in emergency planning and business continuity by:
- Sharing best practices
- Developing provincial, regional and local networks with municipalities, districts and local communities
- Reviewing the opportunity for reciprocal agreements
- Promoting consistency in emergency support plans
- Sharing lessons learned from incidents, training and exercises
- Developing a disaster resilient community
If you wish to participate in this committee, please email BCPSEP_SSEM@bcit.ca.