How to get first aid treatment if injured or ill
The first aid services at BCIT are available to respond to illness or injury concerns by any BCIT employee, student, or visitor. To receive first aid treatment:
- Visit the campus first aid location or call the first aid phone number (see First Aid Contact Information below).
- Request first aid using the Safety Wise App.
- Contact BCIT Security (604-451-6856) and request first aid treatment.
Call 911 if you believe that an injury/illness requires emergency services (ambulance, fire, police)
When calling 911, it is important to notify BCIT security, as they will coordinate the emergency services movement on campus for prompt attendance to the injury/illness site. BCIT Security can be notified of a 911 call the following ways:
- Calling BCIT Security (604-451-6856) or BCIT First Aid (see First Aid Contact Information) after the 911 call.
- Calling BCIT Security and asking them to make the 911 call.
- Calling 911 using a BCIT Landline phone.
- Calling 911 directly using the Safety-Wise App.
After calling 911, call First Aid or advise Security to call First Aid to attend. BCIT First Aid will attend even if emergency services were called to provide immediate treatment until emergency service arrive.
For a summary of BCIT’s first aid services, please watch the following video or review.