The Instructional Skills Workshops (ISW) is conducted in small groups with no more than four participants. Students will meet each other and their instructor through the Learning Hub which is BCIT’s learning management system in a live synchronous session. At this time the instructor will present you with some theory on how students learn best and a lesson planning model to try. Over the remaining sessions participants will present 3 ten-minute mini-lessons to the other participants using the model provided. Your peers will give you written, oral feedback to your min-lesson. Your mini-lesson will also be recorded for you to view later. Upon successful completion of this workshop you should be able to:
- Write measurable learning outcomes
- Use instructional techniques to promote active learning
- Use common instructional aids
- Evaluate learning
- Develop lesson plans
- Give and receive objective, constructive feedback
- Increase your competence and confidence as an instructor, regardless of the skill and experience level you came in with!
Register for an upcoming session
Check back soon for more sessions.