Instructional Skills Workshops (ISWs) are conducted in small groups of no more than four participants. You’ll meet your instructor and peers through the Learning Hub in a live, synchronous session. The instructor will present theories on how students learn best and will provide a lesson-planning model for everyone to try. Over the remaining sessions, participants will teach three ten-minute mini-lessons to the group using the model. Both the instructor and participants will give everyone written and oral feedback on their mini-lessons. Mini-lessons will also be recorded for you to view later.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, you should be able to do the following:
- Write measurable learning outcomes
- Use instructional techniques to promote active learning
- Use common instructional aids
- Evaluate learning
- Develop lesson plans
- Give and receive objective, constructive feedback
- Increase your competence and confidence as an instructor, regardless of the skill and experience level you came in with!
Register for an upcoming session
|Dates & CRN||Facilitator||Registration link|
Dec. 13–16, 2021
Dec. 13, 15, 20, 22, 2021
Dec. 14–17, 2021