Excellent instructors are always looking for ways to enhance student learning through effective teaching. The Learning and Teaching Centre (LTC) supports BCIT instructors through:
- Offering workshops to improve teaching in classroom and online environments
- Helping instructor collect feedback on teaching effectiveness
- Collaborating with instructors on curriculum/course design and development (see “Design / Develop and Revising Courses” and “Maintaining curriculum” for details)
- Coordinating applications for institute grants
- Assisting in organizing institute or school professional development events
- Informing best practice in learning and teaching
Be sure to explore funding opportunities, offered through the Instructional Skills Development Fund that supports activities and resources directly related to the improvement of teaching and learning.
Don’t see what you are looking for? Have an idea of a workshop that you would like to attend or facilitate? Email or call us at 604-432-8406. We’re happy to help!