|Please note: Your course or program might have experienced a change. Please review below.|
New Programming courses
- COMP 1516 – Programming Fundamentals Part 1 (Python) (replaces COMP 1409)
- COMP 2501 – Programming Fundamentals Part 2 (replaces COMP 1451 only)
- COMP 2601 – Programming Fundamentals Part 3 (Objects) (replaces COMP 2526 only)
- COMP 3601 – Application Development with Java (replaces COMP 2613/3656)
- COMP 3602 – Application Development with C# (replaces COMP 2614)
- COMP 3603 – Application Development with C++ (replaces COMP 2617)
New students must complete these first 3 new courses for both the ASD and CSC credentials.
Students who completed COMP 1451 should complete COMP 2601 prior to COMP 3601 or COMP 3602 or COMP 3603. Please focus only on one (1) unique programming language at a time.
Credit will be only granted for one of:
- COMP 1409 or COMP 1516
- COMP 1451 or COMP 2501
- COMP 2526 or COMP 2601
- COMP 2613/3656 or COMP 3601
- COMP 2614/3618 or COMP 3602
- COMP 2617 or COMP 3603
- COMP 2618 or COMP 4603
COMP 2501 and COMP 2601 together replace both COMP 1451 and COMP 2526. Completing COMP 1451 does not equate to credit for both COMP 2501 and COMP 2601. Additional elective credits may be required.
- COMP 1451 students may move on to COMP 2511
- COMP 2501 students may move on to COMP 2511
- COMP 2613 was replaced with COMP 3601 which requires COMP 2601 as a prerequisite
- COMP 2614 was replaced with COMP 3602 which requires COMP 2601 as a prerequisite
- COMP 2617 was replaced with COMP 3603 which requires both COMP 2511 and COMP 2601 as prerequisites
- Students who need COMP 2618 in January 2022 or April 2022, should contact the department via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full-time CST students wanting to make up credit for COMP 1510 must complete both COMP 1516 and COMP 2501. Those wanting make up credit for COMP 2522 must complete both COMP 2501 and COMP 2601.
Credit will be only granted for one of:
- COMP 3012 – Back-End Web Development with Node.js (replaces COMP 2912)
Full-time CST students wanting make up credit for COMP 1537 must complete both COMP 1850 and COMP 2132.
COMP 2511 is required for CSC and is an elective in ASD. It has replaced COMP 2510 in PTS.
Students will receive credit for one or the other but not both. Note: the prerequisite for COMP 2511 is COMP 1451 or COMP 2501.
Full-time CST students wanting make up credit for COMP 2510 may complete COMP 2511.
- COMP 2617 and COMP 2618 are required for CST/PTS Diploma and electives in ASD.
- COMP 2617 was replaced with COMP 3603 starting January 2022.
- COMP 2618 was offered for the last time in September 2021.
- COMP 3603 will start in January 2022, it follows on from COMP 2511 and COMP 2601.
Full-time CST students wanting make up credit for COMP 3522 must complete both COMP 3603 and COMP 4603.
Please Note: April 2021 was the last chance to complete COMP 2617 and September 2021 for COMP 2618. Starting in January 2022 the new C++ courses will require both COMP 2511 and COMP 2601 as prerequisites.
- COMP 2526 will be retired in March 2021 and is replaced by both COMP 2501/2601.
- COMP 2613 Java Application Development replaced by COMP 3601.
- COMP 3656 Introduction to Java Web Application Development replaced by COMP 3601.
Please note: Students who have completed COMP 2613 or COMP 2614 do not need COMP 2501/2601; credit will not be awarded for lower level introductory programming courses unless they were completed prior to COMP 2613/2614/2617.
Students who completed COMP 2613 and not COMP 3656 need to complete COMP 3601.
- COMP 3831 was replaced by COMP 3832 in April 2020.
- COMP 3832 Object-Oriented Software Design is now 2 credits as of January 2021.
Please note: Credit will be granted for only one of COMP 3831 or COMP 3832. Any credentials that had COMP 3831 will now require COMP 3832 plus additional elective credits if COMP 3831 was not completed previously. Program credit totals remain the same.