Interested in exploring teaching?
BCIT offers education for a complex world. Embrace the complex world and help prepare the next generation of technology leaders to explore the opportunities within it – PhD not required. At BCIT Computing you will use your experience, your training, your passion for technology, and your passion for teaching and mentoring to help our students learn to turn big challenges into new solutions.
Many kinds of opportunities
- Full-time during the day – learn more about what brought faculty members to teaching from diverse backgrounds like system migration and integration and games development
- Part-time during the day, as little as one class per week – read one alum’s experience
- Part-time evenings and/or weekends – here’s what some of our Flexible Learning instructors have to say, and here’s an example of an expert using their passion in one area of computing to create a PTS course
- Support a student project team or give a guest lecture
- Train the trainer by hosting a BCIT instructor at your site – contact us to learn more
Current postings (full and part-time)
Flexible Learning opportunities (evenings and weekends)
Computing Flexible Learning is looking for current IT industry experts who would like to teach at night and on the weekends. We have expanded in several areas. Flexible Learning instructors ideally teach tools and techniques they use in their own day job.
The following subjects may have current instructional opportunities:
If you’re a local subject matter expert with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, are currently working in industry, and you’d like to explore teaching part-time, please send us your resume and a cover letter describing what you’re interested in teaching.
Donabel Santos, Computing Flexible Learning instructor
“What I learn when I work during the day, I get to teach at night. What I learn preparing and teaching my classes, I get to use for my work. It’s a mutually beneficial proposition.”
BCIT offers full-time faculty
- Generous total compensation package which includes extended health, dental benefits, and an excellent defined pension plan
- Professional development: access to funding, leaves, secondments, exchanges, and other opportunities for career development
- Tuition waivers for BCIT courses and opportunities to apply for fully funded Master’s or PhD programs
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs, subsidized fitness facilities, a collegial environment
What’s to like?
There’s no better place to grow — there are so many opportunities. When you teach, you constantly learn. I’m also told when you teach young people, you’ll always feel young. I’ll find out if that’s true in a few years!
Aside from the rewards and fun that come with teaching, I appreciate having the summer off to spend with family.
It makes me realize every day that the experience I have, the skills I’ve developed, and my passion for teaching really can make a difference.