Put our students to work on your project
Have a project to submit? Submit now.
BCIT’s School of Computing and Academic Studies has a long-standing reputation for producing graduates with job-ready skills for the IT industry.
The Industry Sponsored Student Projects program (ISSP) provides students with real-life experience by working on IT or software development projects directly from industry. Students work in teams or individually with an industry sponsor, proceeding through the development life-cycle to develop IT or software solutions.
The ISSP program is an important educational component and is of mutual benefit to both sponsors and students. Check out a recent project story or watch one of the latest student presentations online.
We’re currently accepting submissions for the April term, and the submission deadline is March 23.
What’s in it for industry sponsors:
- Low-risk, low cost approach to your tech project
- Possibility of viable computing solutions by skilled and driven students
- Meet and try out emerging tech talent
- Projects accepted throughout the year
- Scope: 400 hours. Participation fee (if project selected): $500 (waived for non-profits)
- Companies with R&D projects may be eligible to receive 66% of the total project costs from the NSERC Alliance Grants
“We don’t have the budget to develop this kind of software. This project was out of our realm of possibilities as an NGO, it wasn’t an option for us. We went from multiple spreadsheets to a single database – it’s such a vast improvement it’s amazing. No Salvation Army in BC has this software, and we can now share it BC-wide and beyond within our organization. It couldn’t have been better for us.”
-Jeffrey Baergen, Program Manager, Salvation Army Addictions & Rehabilitation Centre (ARC)