Do you need access to analytical instrumentation to support to your R&D activities?
BCIT’s Chemistry Department offers a range of services for companies or academic institutions looking to carrying out chemical analysis but without the budget to purchase the instrumentation required.
Instrumentation available includes:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma -Tandem Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- Ultraviolet (UV) / Visible Spectroscopy
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) and Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (GFAAS).
For more information, please contact the Chemistry Program Head, Kevin Soulsbury at 604-456-8131.
This last year, BCIT Chemistry Instructor Jimmy Lowe immersed himself in industry so he could bring a relevant and fresh perspective to his colleagues and students in the classroom. “It was a great learning experience.”
Do you need to improve your analytical chemistry skills?
Technological advances have resulted in an evolution from traditional chemistry to sophisticated processes using computerized instruments. BCIT’s Chemistry Department can offer a range of special workshops in analytical chemistry and instrumentation, for companies looking for some extensive applied training to further develop industry standard techniques in the laboratory.
Training can include:
- Introduction to Analytical Chemistry
- Gas Chromatographic Techniques
- High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Techniques
- LC/MS and Applications
- GC/MS and Applications
- and others
For more information, please contact the Chemistry PTS Coordinator, Soizic Wadge, at 604-432-8815.
“This was a good introduction to many of the most commonly used techniques in analytic chemistry. The instructors were knowledgeable and helpful, and the lectures were fast-paced and interesting. The course was useful in expanding my knowledge and range of skills in the chemistry lab.”
Analytical Chemistry Student