Do you need access to analytical instrumentation to support to your R&D activities?
BCIT’s Chemistry Department offers a range of services for companies or academic institutions looking to carrying out chemical analysis but without the budget to purchase the instrumentation required.
Instrumentation available includes:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma -Tandem Mass Spectrometry (ICP-MS/MS)
- Liquid Chromatography-Tandem Mass Spectrometry (LC-MS/MS)
- Gas Chromatography–Mass Spectroscopy (GC-MS)
- Gas Chromatography (GC)
- Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Ion Chromatography (IC)
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FT-IR)
- Ultraviolet (UV) / Visible Spectroscopy
- Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (NMR)
- Fluorescence Spectroscopy
- Automated Solid Phase Extraction
- Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (AAS) and Graphite Furnace Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy (GFAAS).
For more information, please contact the Chemistry Program Head, Kevin Soulsbury at 604-456-8131.
Do you need to improve your analytical chemistry skills?
Technological advances have resulted in an evolution from traditional chemistry to sophisticated processes using computerized instruments. BCIT’s Chemistry Department can offer a range of special workshops in analytical chemistry and instrumentation, for companies looking for some extensive applied training to further develop industry standard techniques in the laboratory.
Training can include:
- Introduction to Analytical Chemistry
- Gas Chromatographic Techniques
- High Performance Liquid Chromatographic Techniques
- LC/MS and Applications
- GC/MS and Applications
- and others
For more information, please contact the Chemistry PTS Coordinator, Jimmy Lowe, at 604-412-7487.
“This was a good introduction to many of the most commonly used techniques in analytic chemistry. The instructors were knowledgeable and helpful, and the lectures were fast-paced and interesting. The course was useful in expanding my knowledge and range of skills in the chemistry lab.”
Analytical Chemistry Student