Skip to main content
Admission Equivalencies

International High School

If you graduated from a high school outside of Canada, you may be able to use your high school courses to meet the entrance requirements at BCIT.

English courses are acceptable only if the language of instruction is English and your high school was completed in an English-speaking country. Find out about other ways to meet BCIT’s English Requirements.

If your country is not listed below, apply with your official transcript showing successful completion of senior, upper or higher secondary school in your country (generally 12 years of education), and the specific courses required for your program at the Grade 11 and/or Grade 12 levels.

If your transcript is in a language other than English, submit an official translation of the original official transcript from a certified translator. BCIT reserves the right to request the original official transcripts at any time.

Your official transcript must include the following details:

  • Name of school and/or examination board
  • Address and country of school and/or examination board
  • Name of high school graduation credential
  • Grade level of each course (e.g. Grade 11, Grade 12, Senior Year 2, Senior Year 3)
  • Grading scale and minimum passing grade
  • Number of terms per year (required only if submitting midterm grades)

Note: If your program requires biology, review the required topics for Biology 11 or Biology 12. If you have taken a similar course in high school or post-secondary, submit a detailed course outline to Program Advising for review by the biology department. Course outlines must be in English or English translations.

You may want to consider BCIT’s testing and upgrading options if you are missing one or more requirements.