Discover the ultimate expression of voice, story and music to entertain, inform and inspire in the most powerful way! That’s the world of Radio Arts and Entertainment. Through this program, you’ll be guided by industry professionals to explore radio operations, sound design, performance, writing, story-telling, the exciting world of music and its cultural impact. Through our mix of required and elective courses, you have the opportunity to hone your skills in interviewing, journalism, podcasting, sports broadcasting, video, photography, media relations, and event planning. Through part-time studies, you can learn at your own pace in a hands-on, creative environment that allows you to share your unique personality, creativity, and story.
Fall 2021 delivery mode: in person
- This program will be delivered in person for the fall semester.
- We have put measures in place for your safety and well-being, ensuring that all safety protocols are addressed. Please see the BCIT COVID-19 page for details on the procedures that have been implemented.
Your education is our priority and we will continue to deliver the applied instruction, collaborative experience, and industry connections that you expect from BCIT.
Who should complete the program?
This program could be right for you if:
- You’re looking to study part-time as you work or manage family needs
- You are a story-teller with your own website, blog, or YouTube series who wants to enhance performance, writing and production skills to tell more powerful and professional stories
- You have a love of music and sound design that you want to develop and share with others
- You want a diverse and powerful platform to explore your unique personality and creativity
- You seek a supportive, hands-on educational experience studying abroad in Canada
What grads can do
By earning your Associate Certificate, you’ll be honing your announcing, writing, story-telling, studio operations, and production skills to prepare for a variety of entry-level positions in the Radio, Arts, and Entertainment industry. This ever-expanding field is looking for more and more skilled talent ready to host, program, and produce the growing amount of content needed in today’s digital world. Be it Podcasts, YouTube, commercial ventures, or traditional radio, if you are a creative person with a story to tell, this program is your start towards an exciting career!
About Part-time Studies
Take a single course, or work towards a credential — all at a pace that’s right for you.
Part-time courses are offered in a variety of scheduling formats such as evenings and weekends, and some of our offerings are available by distance or online learning. If you meet the prerequisites and there’s space available, you can register for a course immediately.
Applicants to the BCIT School of Business are required to have completed two years of full-time study in high school or post-secondary program in English in an English speaking country. If you do not have English 12 and have not studied in an English-speaking country, you will need to demonstrate your skills in reading, writing, speaking, and listening. For information on English equivalencies, testing and upgrading options, visit:
Costs & Supplies
While Broadcast and Media Communications PTS courses do not adhere to the BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) requirements, it is nonetheless preferable for students to have access to a personal computer to enhance their learning environment and to ensure course success. Please check the following recommended computer requirements prior to the start of class.
Important updates to Part-time Studies
Please note: part-time programs and courses are open enrolment and although we make every effort to accommodate demand, course registration cannot be guaranteed in every semester. High demand courses fill quickly and may result in students unable to register for a course that semester. Courses may also be cancelled due to low enrolment.
Graduating & Jobs
Mary Kay Thurston
Part Time Studies Coordinator, Broadcast & Media Communications
604-432-8668 | Mary_Kay_Thurston@bcit.ca
Contact a Part-time Studies Program Advisor with the BCIT program name in the subject line if you have a question about:
- Course selection and program planning
- Declaring your program
- Making changes to your approved program plan
- Applying for transfer credit and advanced placement
- Laddering options
- Job placement and graduate outcomes
- Student life
Questions or comments?
Sign up to receive updates, invitations to events, and information about BCIT and your program.
We promise not to spam you, we won’t share your personal information, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.