We can’t wait to welcome you to BCIT. Here are some things to consider when registering for a part-time course.
Before you register
Meet the prerequisites
Once you’ve found a course you’re interested in, check the prerequisites listed in the course description, if any. It’s your responsibility to ensure you have completed the prerequisites or their equivalents before registering.
If you are missing one or more courses required for entrance into a BCIT program, or if you have the required course but your percentage grade is not high enough, there are several upgrading options available.
If your course does not specify a required level of English, proficiency equivalent to BC Grade 12 English is required. Learn more about meeting BCIT’s English Language Proficiency requirements for Flexible Learning.
Note the registration date
Space in courses is limited, and some fill very quickly. Registration is first-come, first-served, so note registration opening dates and times to avoid disappointment.
Read the details
Familiarize yourself with part-time fees and refund deadlines.
There are several ways to register:
- If you meet the prerequisites indicated on the course page and there’s space available, you can register for a course immediately. Just add to cart!
- If you already know your Course Reference Number (CRN), you can log in to your myBCIT account and register there. This is a good way to save time when registering for popular courses.
- If an employer or company is paying on your behalf, visit our sponsorship page for details on your registration process.
- To register in person or by phone, call 604-434-1610 (1-866-434-1610 [toll-free within Canada and the US]) or visit Student Information and Enrolment Services in Building SW1 at the Burnaby Campus.
- To register by mail, send your completed, signed Flexible Learning Registration Form [PDF] and a cheque or money order payable to BCIT to:
Flexible Learning Registration
BCIT Student Information and Enrolment Services
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2