- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
When applying for any type of on- air position in broadcast you will be expected to provide a 3-5 minute sequential and professional demo that simulates your on-air sound. Importantly, the demo serves as your first impression with any radio station management personnel who are looking to hire on-air talent. Alternatively, the demo can introduce you to potential employers who are building talent banks for their respective broadcast outlets. In this course you will learn how to craft a unique, professional and personal sounding demo that reflects the type of radio station and on-air position you are applying for. This course will also demonstrate the various steps required when submitting the completed demo to potential employers and how to follow up with potential employers.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Craft a professional and personal sounding demo that reflects the type of radio station and on-air position for which you are applying
- Identify the importance of selling the radio station forward
- Appreciate how to hook the listener, content choices, and how not to sound "inside"
- Identify how to direct the listener to the radio station's social media sites and web page, content and word choices, contest giveaways, mic and breathing techniques
- Include business applications into a demo to increase advertising and profit opportunities to enhance employment opportunities
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2020
Art of the Demo (BCST 1020) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Radio Arts and Entertainment
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Art of the Demo (BCST 1020)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.