- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will learn how to apply the many elements required of a freelance producer to create and launch programming on various social media platforms. From overseeing show conception to creating content, show layout, scriptwriting, interviewing guests to pre-production planning and post-production, students will gain the knowledge and experience to have the confidence to take their ideas and share them with their intended audience.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 1281 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Sep 11 - Mon Dec 11 (11 weeks)
- 11 weeks
- CRN 49576
Class meeting times
|Sep 11 - Dec 11||Mon||18:00 - 21:20||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 135|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
There will be no classes on October 2nd, October 9th and November 13th.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Successfully create content for target audiences.
- Share and identify the many types of content distributed on social media platforms.
- Identify the key elements for pre-program launch.
- Develop hosting skills for all media platforms.
- Create a show outline and script for each episode.
- Create and apply google analytic statistics to increase distribution reach.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Freelance Producing for Social Media and Broadcast (BCST 1281) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Freelance Producing for Social Media and Broadcast (BCST 1281)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.