Students will learn how to apply the many elements required of a freelance producer to create and launch programming on various social media platforms. From overseeing show conception to creating content, show layout, scriptwriting, interviewing guests to pre-production planning and post-production, students will gain the knowledge and experience to have the confidence to take their ideas and share them with their intended audience.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 1281 for the Winter 2023 term.
Mon Jan 09 - Mon Apr 03 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 90423
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Apr 03||Mon||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby SE10 Rm. 135|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
There will be no class on Feb 20th.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Successfully create content for target audiences.
- Share and identify the many types of content distributed on social media platforms.
- Identify the key elements for pre-program launch.
- Develop hosting skills for all media platforms.
- Create a show outline and script for each episode.
- Create and apply google analytic statistics to increase distribution reach.
Effective as of Fall 2022
Freelance Producing for Social Media and Broadcast (BCST 1281) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Freelance Producing for Social Media and Broadcast (BCST 1281)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.