- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Through this course, you will explore the steps needed to take a video from project development activities in pre-production to planning, scheduling, and managing the substantial number of details of production through to the final crafting of the video in post-production. These skills are in increasing demand in business and online and need to be done at a professional level.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 1225 for the Winter 2024 term.
Mon Jan 08 - Mon Mar 18 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 84443
- Domestic fees $447.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 08 - Mar 18||Mon||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will be delivered synchronously ONLINE, requiring your attendance and participation in scheduled online lectures on the days and times noted on the course web page. You will be expected to attend online class meeting times as this is not a self-paced course. There will be no class on Mon. Feb 19.
4 seats remaining as of Thu December 7, 2023 at 7:18 pm (PST). Availability may change at any time.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify and organize production planning requirements needed to create professional quality media projects
- Draft preliminary project proposals, visual treatments and scripts
- Demonstrate effective presentation & pitching skills
- Create storyboards
- Assess project needs for visual and audio elements such as music, graphics, text, animation, and/or special effects
- Identify crew requirements for a given project and build effective project teams
- Demonstrate basic familiarity with project budgets and financing structures
- Be familiar with project schedules and timelines for effective production flow
- Create a hard copy or electronic system to contain project documentation
Effective as of Fall 2023
Video Project Planning (BCST 1225) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Video Project Planning (BCST 1225)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.