Through this course, you will explore the steps needed to take a video from the project development activities in pre-production to planning, scheduling, and managing the substantial number of details of production through to the final crafting of the video in post-production. These skills are in increasing demand in business and online and need to be done at a professional level.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BCST 1225 for the Winter 2023 term.
Mon Jan 09 - Mon Mar 27 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 84443
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Mar 27||Mon||18:00 - 21:40||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
You will be expected to attend online during the posted class meeting times as this is not a self-paced course. This course requires collaboration on group projects. Attendance, participation, and teamwork are essential for success. There will be no classes on February 20th and March 13th.
This course offering is full. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define the objectives and parameters of a video project
- Identify and organize the requirements needed to create professional quality projects
- Prepare and write a professional 1-2 page treatment for the project
- Demonstrate effective presentation/pitching skills
- Develop project scripts
- Create storyboards
- Assess project needs for music, graphics, animation, and/or special effects
- Identify crew requirements for a given project
- Build effective project teams
- Demonstrate basic skills in developing and managing project budgets
- Create and manage project schedules and timelines for effective production flow
- Develop and maintain a file system to contain project documentation
- Create a video based around project scripts and storyboards
Effective as of Fall 2016
Video Project Planning (BCST 1225) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Video Project Planning (BCST 1225)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.